Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dallas White Rock Marathon 2009

This past Sunday, I just completed my 4th straight Dallas White Rock Marathon and 9th overall. WhiteRock2009 The question that I am most often asked is "Why do you do it?" I am yet to have an answer despite much thought and consideration. Is it an addiction? A sickness? The best I can come up with is that involves a pursuing a goal. While my time is not impressive, I did finish. In the same way, it may take us longer than we expect to reach our goals, but as long as we keep the end in sight and persevere, success is possible. I walked more than would like the last few miles, but I kept moving. I think that is applicable in much of what we do. There are hills and valleys, pain and setbacks, but the key is to keep moving! And that is what I did for 4 hours and 35 minutes on a beautiful Sunday morning-

No comments:

Post a Comment