Thursday, July 30, 2009

What I like about Summer break...

As a teacher, there are many reasons to look forward to summer break. Even though I taught summer school for 5 weeks and have 3-4 days of in-service training, my summer is great for a number of reasons. Here is my top 10 list...

10. I can wake up at 5 a.m. and take my time. I do not have to hurry to run (work out), grab breakfast, read, and be at school by 6:30 a.m. Even teaching summer school allows me some morning time. (starts at 8 a.m.). The challenge now is maintaining the discipline, which is still a struggle, to take care of those things when you get up early--not wasting my time, rather making my list and tending to it. Having a new baby at home has helped me get up early, but it also will zap your energy. The secret is disciplining myself to do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, so the time will come when I can do what I want to do, when I want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment