Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mediocrity

I can do better than I did today! Today I had an opportunity to do something meaningful. As a teacher, I have enormous opportunities during my summer break. But today slipped away, and I let it do so. Before I am too hard on myself, I do realize that there are times when we need to take a break, and I got to spend time with my 2-month old daughter. However, I spent little time reading, writing, and my workout consisted of a 3-mile run. I know that in about 2 weeks when school kicks off I will be overwhelmed so days like this are important, but without a plan, as Dave Ramsey would say, "I wondered through like Gomer Pile on Valuum." Since I was up at 5 this morning, I had a chance to get something done--I didn't.

Tomorrow will be better! I already have my list, and hanging out with my wife and new daughter are at the top. School is right around the corner, and I will being making the most out of my last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment